Holistic nutrition addresses the unique nutritional needs of the whole body while taking into account the individual’s health history, lifestyle, genetic patterns, detoxification and digestive health requirements. Through combining a variety of dietary strategies and supplemental support, holistic nourishment is based on the body’s own powerful ability to balance, self-correct, and enhance the entire functioning of the organism. To encourage detoxification and support of specific organ systems, Hawthorn Healing Arts Practitioners work to create an effective customized nutritional program for each client with specific strategies that may include:
- Nutrient Availability—complete evaluation of macro- and micro-nutrients necessary for specific organ function, optimum vitality and energy production.
- Alkalizing Foods—the addition of alkalizing foods to maintain healthy pH for optimum metabolic and system functioning.
- Food Elimination—the elimination of food allergens to support digestive and immune health.
- Food Combination—maximizing digestion and assimilation in body to reduce toxic residues that cause fatigue and illness.
- Detoxification—using decongesting and detoxifying foods to support organ cleansing, elimination, and maximum functioning.
- Raw Foods—integrating raw foods in diet to maximize enzymatic activity, assisting digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
- Nutritional Supplementation—maximum facilitation of healthy organ functioning and healing through specific herbal and nutritional supplements.Elyse incorporates compassionate coaching to facilitate a healthy and loving relationship to one’s self to allow the mental and physical changes necessary to promote a lasting shift in healthy body function, image, and weight management. Nutritional awareness is essential when looking at chronic patterns of compromised immunity, metabolic, hormonal and weight issues, fatigue, sugar cravings, congestive issues and allergies, digestive and skin issues, pain, inflammation, insomnia, and anxiety. As healthy and balanced detoxification strategies are an important part of dietary and lifestyle changes, Herbal remedies and bodywork treatments may be indicated as well as a customized nutritional program.